PHYSICS AT THE LHC 2010
Accompanying Persons' Programme
The Accompanying Persons' Programme is specially designed by DESY's International Office and includes various trips to some of Hamburg's best-known sites. Details of the programme can be found here.
Short summary of accompanying persons' tours
- Monday, 7 June 2010: Sailing ship `Rickmer Rickmers', Landungsbrücken, old Elbe tunnel, harbour tour (if tide allows), old warehouse district (`Speicherstadt'). Meeting point: 10:00 at registration desk.
- Tuesday, 8 June 2010: Trip to Lüneburg (day trip). Meeting point: 9:00 at the registration desk.
- Wednesday, 9 June 2010: Excursions with the conference participants. For an overview see this web page.
- Thursday, 10 June 2010: Excursion to `Kunsthalle' (Museum of Fine Arts). Meeting point: 10:00 at the registration desk.
- Friday, 11 June 2010: Visit to the famous `Treppenviertel' (`staircase quarter') in Blankenese with breathtaking views of the Elbe River, the port and the vicinity. Meeting point: 10:00 at the registration desk.